Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gettin' Crafty!

Woo hoo! I was feeling some artistic motivation the other day! (After seeing this inspiring post.) I've been thinking about some new art projects to try out in second grade... and I had the girls test out this one with me. We started out by painting colored paper (instead of tissue paper... I was just using what we had on hand.)

We added different designs and patterns using materials from around the house... see the potato masher in the photo above?

Of course, Miss Meri ended up with quite a bit of paint on her...

After letting the paint dry over night, we started cutting out shapes and pieces. We glued those to a sheet of white paper in random designs.

This is Alison's finished "painted paper masterpiece".

Here is Merilyn's finished product...

Here is what I came up with as I tried to recreate this idea. I will definitely try this project in the classroom... and I will use a combination of tissue paper and cardstock for the different dimensions, textures, etc. Check out this website; it's full of wonderful crafty ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment